LabStrong Fi-Streem 2S Still 2 LPH 120V 20A
Of all the water purification technologies available, distillation can remove a wider range of impurities than any other single form of water purification. LabStrong Fi-Streem™ Stills consistently produce high quality ASTM Type II water and can remove inorganic ions, dissolved gases, organics, particles, bacteria and pyrogens from water. LabStrong Fi-Streem Water Stills will meet your laboratory water needs while remaining budget-friendly.
The LabStrong Fi-Streem 2S Still consistently produces high quality ASTM Type II water. The still produces two liters of distilled water per hour and comes with a one year limited warranty. Quotes to provide preventive maintenance (PM) contracts or quotes to provide installation/startup of the complete system are available upon request.
All LabStrong Fi-Streem stills include the following items FREE so your ordering and installation will be simple and easy.
- Reinforced mains input tube with fittings (TU744X1LS)
- Reinforced drain tube with fittings (TU744X1LS)
- Distillate tube (TU0012-13)
- Distillate glass elbow (562X4LS)
- Reservoir float level switch (857X3LS)
- Plastic funnel for cleaning (MC0012-2)
- Wall mounting bracket (562X32LS)
- Kit to convert still to pre-treated feed
Consistently Pure Water
The still consistently produces high quality ASTM Type II water and can remove inorganic ions, dissolved gases, organics, particles, bacteria and pyrogens from water. The still features a unique patented vapor trap designed to eliminate all vapor borne droplets, ensuring there is no carry-over of impurities in the distillate water. The resultant is pyrogen free water at all times. Glass components in the still eliminate leaching impurities.
Safety features protect the still and the user. An over temperature protection device in the boiler assembly offers protection against low water conditions. The totally enclosed still design assures operator safety from breakage and hot surfaces.
Reliable and Effortless to Use
The still features user friendly operation. With the press of a single button, (Power On) the still will start the flow of water in the still. With the press of a second button (Heater On) the still will start to heat the inlet water to fully operate the still.
The still is supplied with a float switch which shuts off the still automatically when the water storage reservoir is full, enabling safe and unattended operation. The 24-hour automatic control activates the still as required to maintain a full reservoir. The automatic control start/stop feature is enabled when the still is connected to the LabStrong 8 Liter Carboy (A1052LS) or LabStrong 20 Liter Carboy (B00123) via the float switch.
Highly Efficient and Economical
Multiple pretreatment options are available for the still. The pretreatment helps to reduce the frequency of cleaning the still by removing scaling impurities from the inlet source water.
A built-in flow controller maximizes product water output while minimizing inlet water usage to drain. The still can be conveniently turned off for extended periods of time and returned to operation without the need for sanitizing or replacing consumables. Not only does this feature save valuable time, but also resources.
Simple to Clean
Descaling of the still is simplified by a cleaning process that does not require the dismantling of any glassware. The process requires little operator time and is easy to complete.
Space Saving Design
Included with the still is a wall mount bracket, which allows for wall mounting. The still can be bench mounted.
Easy to Install
The still does not require pretesting or prequalification of water prior to installing. The still can simply be connected to tap water and operate. For convenience, the still is designed with dual feed capabilities for tap or pretreated feedwater. All of the necessary tubing is included with the still to complete installation.
- Feed Water Type: Tap or Pretreated
- Feed Water Inlet: 1/2 inch ID tubing
- Feed Water Operational Temperature Range: 40 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Feed Water Cooling Water Temperature: 40 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cooling Water (Liters Per Hour): 30
- Product Water Capacity (Liters Per Hour): 2
- Physical Dimensions (Length x Width x Height): 13.75 x 10.25 x 31 inches
- Operating Weight: 38 pounds
- 2 Heaters
- 120V, 20A
- Feed Water Minimum Pressure: 10 PSI
- Feed Water Maximum Pressure: 80 PSI
- Certification: CSA, cCSAus and CE
Common Applications for Distilled Water:
- Bacteria and pyrogen removal
- Buffer and reagent preparation
- Clinical biochemistry
- Feed water for Type 1 Ultrapure Water Systems
- General chemistry
- General laboratory equipment feed (i.e. humidification, environmental chambers, autoclaves and dishwashers)
- Glassware rinsing and washing
- Protocols specifically requiring glass distilled water
- Solid phase extraction
- Trace metal detection
- Top off lead acid batteries
- Water analysis (i.e. BOD, COD, TOC, TOD, pH value tests)
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The LabStrong Fi-Streem model number A74415LS is the direct replacement of the Thermo Scientific™ Barnstead™ Fi-Streem model number A74415.
*Barnstead and Thermo Scientific are trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific. Fi-Streem is a trademark of Fi-Streem International Ltd.
- Replacement Parts
- How to Videos
- Promo Videos
- Why Fi-Streem Stills?
- Water Pretreatment
- Water Storage
- Product Literature
LabStrong Fi-Streem™ Stills consistently produce high quality ASTM Type II water and can remove inorganic ions, dissolved gases, organics, particles, bacteria and pyrogens from water.
LabStrong Fi-Streem™ Stills were designed with safety in mind. Some stills feature exposed hot surfaces causing people to get double hurt. LabStrong Fi-Streem Stills feature a totally enclosed design.
High Quality Water
- Consistently produce high quality ASTM Type II water
- Patented cyclonic vapor trap eliminates carry-over of vapor-borne contaminants
- Glass components eliminate leaching impurities
- Distillation can remove a wider range of impurities than any other single form of water purification
- 24-hour automatic control activates still as required to maintain a full water storage reservoir
- Can be turned off for extended periods of time without having to replace costly consumables (i.e. RO & DI)
- Fully automatic controls in Fi-Streem III Stills simplify operation while assuring high reliability
- Fully enclosed still assures safety from hot surfaces and accidental breakage
Easy to Install, Clean and Maintain
- Simple installation that only requires one person
- Cleaning process requires little operator time and is easy to complete
- Little maintenance required
- Heating elements designed for extended life relative to competitors
- Over temperature protection device (Fi-Streem 2S and III) and additional thermistor protection (Fi-Streem III) in stills extends life of heating elements by protecting still from low water conditions
- Up to 53% smaller benchtop footprint than competitors
- Can be wall or bench mounted (all brackets included)
- Water flow minimal, especially with pretreatment system
- No filters in land waste
- Knowledgeable in-house customer service and technical support
- Stocked parts always shipped within 24 hours
- Factory trained field service partners
LabStrong pretreatment kits are versatile and economical. The easy to install kits allow for customization based on inlet water quality and existing purification system plumbing. They also decrease the frequency of cleaning a distillation system (minimize scaling) while producing consistent product water flow rate and purity.
- Ultrapure/Organic Removal Cartridge (Straight Nipple)
- High Capacity Two Bed Cartridge (Straight Nipple)
- Wall Mount Kit (Bracket Assembly and Pressure Regulator)
- Dual Holder (Pressure Feed Assembly)
- Add on Holder Kit (For AY0017-1 and AY0017-2)
- Leak Detector Kit
The Fi-Streem pretreatment cartridge kit produces treated feed water. The cartridge contains ion exchange resin that removes ionic contaminants from feedwater and it incorporates a filter to remove particulates. Water purity is easily indicated by resin color change that can be viewed at the two windows built into the casing.
White paper examining ASTM Type II reagent grade water standards, how water is purified using distillation, benefits of distillated water, and laboratory applications requiring distilled water